Thursday, February 18, 2010

Green Jeans








Not a new idea but sew much fun and simple to do. I turned an old pair of my husbands jeans into a tote for myself (possibly future diaper bag) and a small matching purse for my favorite Niece. the purses themselves didn't take more than 5 minutes total to sew but I spent the next day or two decorating them and lining the larger tote with pockets. I crocheted the handles out of novelty yarn, hand embroidered a few embellishments, added some costume jewelry, ribbon, buttons, sparkles. . . I had enough jean material left to do 3 more small clutches or accessory bags, and a few scrap patches that I can save for future projects. Pictured is the small matching purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To view my artwork and learn about upcoming show and installations. .. .

www.4sunnycreations.com