Wednesday, April 8, 2009

To blog or not to blog

I kept diaries most of my life and made sure they were well hidden. They held my deepest desires, my most fond memories, as well as moments I wasn't proud of & things I wanted to say out loud but never did for fear of hurting people I love. In short : who I was as a person.

On a visit home to my parents (where my diaries were still stashed) I read through them and promptly destroyed all evidence. I was confused when many of my friends started blogs: A DIGITAL DIARY FOR ALL THE WORLD TO READ! Maybe this is yet another clue that I'm getting old. I won't mention the gray hairs or the senior moments that are becoming too commonplace lately.

After reading their blogs I realized it is a convenient way to stay in touch with them through their random thoughts. They have made me laugh, cry, and kept me inspired to be a better person and remember to reach out to people from time to time. I hope to accomplish a few goals by starting this one.

1- Shameless self-promotion of my art and website Might as well put it all out there since blogs are a digital diary.
http://www.4sunnycreations.com/ http://www.4sunnycreations.etsy.com/

2- Meeting new artsy or interesting people

3- shorting my time spend on email. Now my friends can read my blog to see what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To view my artwork and learn about upcoming show and installations. .. .

www.4sunnycreations.com